Monday, March 14, 2016

Goodbye

Hey guys!



So yeah, I know, it's been three months since I've last posted on here. And I don't really have an excuse. As you can see I've plenty of time for my other blogs, social media and writing. I'm just not motivated anymore. It's as simple as that.

I love my dolls, but I think I'm pretty much done with them as far as blogging about them or taking photoshoots. Except for the occasional photostory, I probably won't be using/posting on this blog anymore. :(

It was my very first Blogger blog, and it's really hard for me to leave, but I think I already have, in a way. I've withdrawn myself, I'm not replying to comments or moderating the chatbox (which may or may not be leaving, by the way, nobody seems to be using it except for leaving spam) - or posting, which is the most important thing!

But before I go, I'd like to say thank you to the couple of readers who have stuck with me ever since I started my blog! My posts were absolutely horrible, but you followed me anyway. You left nice comments and didn't just vanish after about a year, you kept reading and commenting. You know who you are, and you don't know how much joy you brought to my 8-year-old self. ;)

I'd also like to kind of sort out my feelings about the AG blogging world. I've been thinking this for a long time and it's kind of hard to put it down on "paper", and before I say this, I'm not trying to offend anyone or talk about anybody in particular. It's just how I feel about the AG blogging community in general right now, and this is about no specific person or people. 

I haven't really enjoyed blogging about dolls anymore. I think, people have been changing themselves, and writing posts like "I've been hiding my true self, I really love all of this and that and I'm super quirky and weird and an outsider. I don't actually like dolls even I've just been trying to fit in with all these other people so this is my true self yo" When actually, they were their normal selves all the time and are actually trying to fit in now by writing that post and from then on acting different than they normally would in real life or around their friends.

Changing yourself and lying about who you really are just to fit in is...I don't know, it just annoys me. And I think that's part of the reason I haven't been very enthusiastic about posting. It just isn't like it used to be. In other blogging communities from this one people don't try to change themselves just to fit in. On their blogs they are themselves and they don't pretend to like something they don't really like just because it's "cool" or anything like that.

I'm not trying to say I don't like it when people have a specific type of personality. The people in the AG community are my friends, I love them. It's just 2% of the people on here are just trying to fit in and changing themselves.

I'm not saying this is everyone in the blogging world or anything, and again I'm not talking about any specific people, so please don't be offended when reading this!

I just thought I should finally say this, I've been generally feeling and thinking this for about 8 months now and it's nice to just get it out there.

Thank ya'll for following me, it's been such an AMAZING experience these past three years (can you believe that it's been THREE years since I started this blog?!!?!? AHHHH!!) and I love every one of my followers!! It's so cool to see how I've developed from a little girl who used too many exclamation points to a somewhat experienced blogger who actually uses commas! xD

And I am TOTALLY NOT leaving the online world altogether. I've had my everything-but-dolls-blog, Through the Wardrobe, for a year now and I still post on it regularly! It will become my main project, and you can head on over there and give me a follow if you want to keep up with me and what I'm doing. ;) Just click HERE.

Thanks for reading, you guys, and being there! <3

"It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure." ~Ernie Harwell 

~Lydia~ <3

9 comments:

  1. It's sad to see you go, but I do understand, and your other blog is great, too! Also, you may find that you get back into doll blogging in a year or two (I stopped playing with my dolls when I was 11 or 12, but a little before my 14th birthday, I started playing with them again and started my blog soon afterwards.) :)
    And I know what you mean about some people saying that they don't actually like dolls and they're truly into other things, when really it's the other way around. It makes me sad when I see it. Sometimes people try to grow up too fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop the spammingMarch 15, 2016 at 9:06 PM

      Yeah, my BFF lied to me that she hated dolls once.;(

      Delete
    2. Awww, thanks Nikki! :) Yeah, maybe in a couple years I'll come back. Who knows? ;)

      Exactly. It took a bit of the pleasure out of doll blogging for me.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Can you still go on the chatbox and chat please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I had to remove the chatbox. :( You can still talk with me on here whenever you like, though! I'll still be moderating/replying to comments. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Wow. I haven't checked your blog in forever (no offense, I just assumed you had left) and now I suddenly decide to check it and I see this post.
    I understand growing out of dolls. It happens to a lot of people. Their interests change and mine, too, have changed a lot in the past three years.
    Lydia, you were always one of my favorite blogging friends! I'm sad to see you go, but I will start reading your other blog.
    Thanks for being a great blogging friend and loyal reader of my blog! :)
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you, Jaclynn! I'm sad to leave, too, but I'm glad I'll still be able to keep in touch with you through my other blog, and I will totally keep reading yours! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."