Saturday, November 7, 2015

Changes


My interest in American Girl Dolls is fading, I'm sorry to say.



My interests have changed over the past 2 (almost three) years. When my friend announces she got a new doll I don't break into a grin and go "Wow!" and then launch into a questioning about what she looks like and who she is and where she got her and for how much. I have to force myself to even get up and take a photoshoot of one of them, and when I do there is no pleasure in it. I don't get happy scrolling through the new releases AG comes out with or sharing my opinions.

Truth is, this blog feels like a burden to me now. I get sad thinking about it. Thinking of how excited I was to start a blog, how many friends I've made through it, and now it just feels like WORK. My blog shouldn't feel like that to me - I should like to blog, like what I'm blogging about.

I'm sad about this. I'm sad that I don't really like AG dolls anymore. But I don't. They'll always hold a special place in my heart. But I really think I'm done with them, except for the occasional photostory, when I'm feeling motivated.

However, I love other dolls now. I like fashion/Disney dolls. Old vintage dolls. I'm glad I changed my blog name, because now I'm not limited. I'm not leaving - I can't leave. I really can't bring myself to do it. But you might be seeing less of AG dolls and a little more of fashion dolls or vintage dolls.

Thanks.

~Lydia~ <3

11 comments:

  1. Awe, this makes me sad, too, but I do understand. A lot of girls get out of the phase, but I'm glad to hear that you still like dolls, even if they aren't AG dolls. I love Disney dolls, so I will definitely continue to come to your blog. You're a really sweet girl and I'd be sad if you ever left, but I would understand. :)
    Thanks for explaining things and doing what's right for you! Blogging definitely should be something you enjoy and if it starts to feel like work, then yes, something is definitely wrong.
    I look forward to more great posts from you! :)
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Jaclynn! I'm glad you'll keep visiting my blog, even if I'm not planning on posting about American Girl that much anymore. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Aw, I felt a little sad reading this post, but I totally get it. Ever since I found out about the AG "controversy" issue last week, I haven't really been as into my AG dolls myself.
    But like you, I love other dolls and am currently starting to collect older Barbie and Kelly Club dolls. And vintage dolls---don't even get me started!! They are just too cute! :D
    I will definitely keep following your blog, Lydia! I'm excited to see what kind of posts you'll create in the next few months. :)
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed in AG about that too. I think that had a little to do with it...
      Thank you, Sunny! I'm glad you'll keep following my blog. :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you're still sticking around! I can't wait to see a more variety of dolls featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started panicking because I thought you were leaving! Thank goodness you're sticking around.

    ~Loren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to see that AG is not the ONLY brand ! I think all dolls of all kinds should be posted about ,not just AG . I'm glad to see that you still love dolls , and don't worry - AG dolls will always hold a special place in you heart , and that's enough to love them for forever.
    -LuNa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have an EXTREMELY AWESOME AND AMAZING Thanksgiving !
    -Thalia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel you. I still love dolls, but I like other things. I'm doing more with horses and less with dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean, lately I haven't posted on my blog and I don't make videos with my dolls anymore. I do have a better liking to more delicate and beautiful dolls like A Girl for All Time and Pullip dolls. Overall, I still like dolls but not as much as I used to. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."