Friday, October 2, 2015

The Sixties

Hey guys!

THIS IS SORT OF relevant to the topic of this blog, AG dolls. I have just learned that the new BeForever doll for 2016 will be african-american and will also be from the sixties! Two thumbs up!

While the sixties is not my favorite time period, it has grown on me since my obsession with vintage clothing started.

The 60's was all about bright and cheerful colors.
60's style:


This kind of fashion was around the early 60's. 


About mid-sixties, probably. 

Although, this is all womens/teens fashion, so she probably won't have dresses like this. I can't wait to see what they come out with for the next HC! AG has all of my favorite time periods now; 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's. I just want a 20's girl and I will be happy!

~Lydia~ <3

10 comments:

  1. YAAH ! I've always wanted an African American Doll , and I'm glad they're making one . I never really liked Addy , Cecile's hair was all wrong and I didn't want a MAG . My sister has Kanani , who was half African American which was perfect because we are too . But I always wanted a doll of my own . I got Kaya who looked almost identical to me , but I was a a couple shades darker than her . So this doll of 2016 HAS to be my miracle doll !!
    -LuNa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I hear that the GOTY 2016 is also, although not African-american, she will have a darker skin shade.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really excited! :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I'm excited that its an african-american doll, and I love the sixties! The only thing though is AG just made a doll from the fifties, so a doll from the sixties would have a kind of similar wardrobe and such. I would like it if they brought back kirsten instead :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, the sixties is very different from the fifties. Shift dresses were very popular, and the 60's is also known for having some of the first mini-skirts. :D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. I kind of think AG should bring back retired characters before they start inventing new ones, but its great that addy won't be the only african american beforever anymore

    Izzy
    dollsofthefort.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I hope they bring back Felicity - I would love to see her again.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. I want AG to make a 2000's doll!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five more years and it will probably happen! ;D

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."