Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day 13 + Thoughts on Maryellen's New Items!

Hey guys!

So day thirteen is someone you've always wanted to meet.
Either:
1. Adam Young
2. Taylor Swift
or 3. Carrie Underwood. Particularly Adam Young or Carrie Underwood. Carrie Underwood actually went to a place called Danita's Children, it's a missions place sort of thing. AWWW!!! <3

AND NOW, THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!
*drumroll*

MARYELLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I am SO excited for her, everything in her collection is SO beautiful.

***All of this is coming from a 50's freak. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.***

Maryellen Doll and Book - $115.00
EEEEEEEEHHHHHHH!!!! Maryellen is so beautiful. I love her meet outfit and her high ponytail, it really reminds me of Mary's from The Donna Reed Show. :P
I'm probably not going to get her since she looks a lot like Ruth (my MAG #33), but she is really cute and lovely. :D
Either way, I can't wait to read her books! Hopefully they'll get them at my library soon.
Striped Sweetheart Outfit For Girls - $52.00
This time I don't like the modernizing, I want some poofy skirts to wear for myself. Dx The dress is really short and it's one dress for fifty-two dollars.


Maryellen's Accessories - $24.00
It's a bit pricey for what you get, but it's OH-SO-CUTE!! I love the coin purse and it's color, and the PEARLS! LET'S NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE PEARLS AND THE ADORABLE DAINTY GLOVES THAT I UNFORTUNATELY DO NOT HAVE TO WEAR MYSELF. 
Maryellen's Sofa Bed Set - $150.00
Not my favorite item. My mom pointed out the color scheme of the whole thing looks more 60's, and I kind of agree with her. :P


Maryellen's School Set - $40.00
It's cute but not something I would really get much use out of. Plus it's forty dollars for four small items. Eh.

Maryellen's Hairstyling Set - $20.00
AHHHH!!!!!! I love it!!! I have yet to see if it actually works, but nevertheless I LOVE IT! 

Maryellen's Living Room Set - $58.00 
It's okay, not my favorite set of the collection, though. And...what's up the poodle? XD 



Maryellen's TV Console - $85.00
I. LOVE. IT. I LOVE EVERY LITTLE THING ABOUT THIS. It is a bit pricey but I can see why, considering you can "make your own movies" for your doll if you have an iPad. 



Maryellen's Crinoline - $16.00
Kind of expensive for just something to slip under a dress, but I love it anyway! I wish I had one of these to make my skirts swish. xD

Maryellen's Birthday Dress - $34.00
L-O-V-E. That's it.

Maryellen's Pajamas - $24.00
I love the color scheme. And baby-doll pjs! YES! I don't know how comfortable the slippers would be (they look like plastic in this picture) but overall it's an adorable pj set! May be coming home with me in the near future!

Flower-Print Pajamas For Girls - $42.00
They are okay. 

Maryellen's Play Outfit - $28.00
This is the outfit seen on the cover of her Journey book. It's adorable! This might be one of my favorite outfit of the collection. One of my favorite things about the 50's are when girls wore pants they wore capris. I think they can go with a lot of outfits. Anyway, this is so cute!

Maryellen's Poodle Skirt Outfit - $36.00
It's cute! I actually won't be getting it, though, because I have a poodle skirt outfit for my doll already. I also have a 50's poodle skirt somewhere...where did that thing go?  

Pretty Poodle Dress for Girls - $58.00
Trying to find something I like about this...um, it has a peter-pan collar type thing....?

Maryellen's School Outfit - $32.00
I LOVE it. The purple and checked pattern is adorable and I love the blouse!

Maryellen's Ice Skating Outfit - $36.00 
It's OK. I never was a fan of their ice skating outfits.
Well, those are my opinions on Maryellen's items! What do you guys think of them? :)

~Lydia~ <3

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE MARYELLEN!!! I'm a bit of a fifties fanatic myself. I agree with basically everything you said. I really really want that tv set. I like the sofa, but your right when you said its more sixties. The living room table set is cute but I don't think I'd have room for it anywhere, nor would I get much use out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50's fanatic girls FISTBUMP!! *fistbump* ;D

      Same thoughts as you on the living room set.

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. I agree! I really love this time era and while most of the outfits don't appeal to me their is plenty of resources for me to sew my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maryellen's collection is absolutely adorable! I love the fifties' .
    -LuNa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! (But I think you've already gathered that.) ;)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."