Tuesday, August 11, 2015

American Girl Casting Calls

Hey everybody!


So, American Girl is in the process of making two new movies, Julie Albright's and Maryellen Larkin's. They are in the pitch phase right now. You can learn more about it here.

What annoys me, though, is that these are SHORT FILMS, 15 minutes long each. I wish they would make a few Beforever movies - I'm getting tired of only Girl of the Year movies (which usually aren't very good in the first place, I mean look at Grace's movie).

But anyway, a Maryellen Larkin movie or a Julie Albright movie would be SO. COOL! Incidentally these girls are from my two favorite time periods, the 1970s and the 1950s. It would be so much fun to look at all the outfits and costumes from the 1950s, or to look at all the awesome 1970s-style cars. XD

I mean, who wouldn't watch a movie set in the 1950s?! Look at all of this:

THE CARS.
THE DRESSES.
THE HAIRSTYLES.
THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS.

THE BEDROOMS
THE PHONES.
THE POOFY SKIRTS.
THE IRONY THAT I WASN'T ALIVE IN THE 50s.

And of course, nobody can forget AUDREY HEPBURN!
AND GREGORY PECK!!!!
So yeah. NO SHORT FILMS, AG!!! MOVIES!!!!!


~Lydia~ <3

10 comments:

  1. Ugh. I'm so annoyed. I really wish that they would make more HC (or BF) movies!! But then I'm not sure if I want that actually. With how their GOTY movies are now, I don't even know if I want to watch another AG movie again. :(
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? They aren't even really putting effort into making the movies the best they can be anymore. I mean compare Samantha's movie next to Grace's!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
    2. Exactly! I hope I don't offend anyone, but Grace's movie was awful. And after just recently watching Felicity, I can't believe how much their movies have changed. Felicity and Samantha are just amazing. But Grace Stirs Up Success? All I liked was seeing all the beautiful food LOL!
      ~Jaclynn~

      Delete
    3. My thoughts exactly! ;P

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  2. I really loved the historical movies and personally find the girl of the year movies a bit cheesy. I know I'm not the target audience but the Historical movies were made so much better :-( Also 1950's is like my favourite time period of all time!!!!! Ahh I wish i could just walk around in 1950s clothes all day! >.< So I'll probs watch the Maryellen one ;) Hopefully it's ok.
    -Lydia
    http://dollyfernfriends.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.

      YES. THOSE DRESSES! SO POOFY! SO TWIRLY!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. I came across this video about MaryEllen , and of course I saved if for you ;)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8gdnjEXQUUw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
      I NEED THE WHOLE COLLECTION!!
      SO BEAUTIFUL!
      AHHHHHHHHH! *screaming*
      *calms down enough to write a normal comment*

      Thanks for sharing! :DDD I love her whole collection!
      *runs off screaming with excitement*
      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. This is a pretty cool idea, but I totally agree with you about the movie thing. 15 minutes really isn't enough. And the GOTY movies really could be better-I didn't even finish Grace's!
    I think AG is just doing something to the HCs only so people will stop saying they're all about the MAGs nowadays. They really have gotten soooooo lazy with all the HC dolls' collections. If they really cared about the historical characters, these movies would be more than 15 minutes.
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...only 15 minutes of poofy skirts and dresses...only 15 minutes of disco lights and those circle zippers...sadness. :-(

      Oh my goodness, I agree with you totally! Except Maryellen's collection is completely adorable and I think it actually looks pretty historically accurate.
      (You're talking to a Donna Reed, Leave it to Beaver, Mr. Ed-obsessed-girl XD)
      But as far as the other BF's...their collections aren't very good. :{

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."