Sunday, June 7, 2015

Eloise's Wish - A Photostory

Lanie had convinced me, Eloise-Grace, to go and play outside with her. 

"Come on," she said, waving her hand. "it'll be fun!" 

I nodded doubtfully. "I am sure it vill be...I hope." I added under my breath. 
"This is my favorite spot in the whole yard!" Lanie announced as she stood on one of the three porch steps. "Follow me and you'll see how purement génial (purely awesome) it is!" 

We got up, and stood near where the posts separated and made a sort of fence so nobody would accidentally fall off.

"Okay," Lanie said, "just climb up here." 

And with that, she turned around and scrambled up to the top. "Come on!" she called. "I'll help you up." 

"Are you very sure it iz safe?" I called up to her.

"Of course it is!" Lanie scoffed. "And awesome, too!"

"Iv you say so." I climbed up and Lanie took my hand. 

"Ta da!!" Lanie made a dramatic gesture as I stood up. 

We both turned around. 

The scenery at the top of the porch-fence was beautiful - 

- however, realizing how high up we were was not

"Ummm...Lanie? I zink I'm starting to get a little..circle?" I said. I couldn't quite remember the word you used for dizzy in English at that moment. 

Lanie understood me, though, and helped me down. She led me down a few more steps and to the top of a huge and steep hill. 

"Let's go swinging!" she said, pointing to the small swingset at the bottom of the hill. 

She started to hike down. 


But tripped and went r-o-l-l-i-n-g down instead. 

"Lanie!" I cried and rushed down to check on her. 

Lanie sat up and laughed, brushing a few leaves from her hair. "That was much faster than walking!" 

Then she looked at the swings. "Aww, they're all wet from tonight's rain," she pouted. "Oh, well. I guess we'll just have to go to the front yard then."

I groaned. "Pas encore!" 


When we got up there, Lanie sighed. "I'm getting tired. I think I'll go inside now. It was fun hanging out with you!" 

Lanie opened the door and headed inside. 

I stayed behind for just a minute and picked a dandelion. 

"I wish," I thought as I closed my eyes and blew, "for some kind of sign that this really is my real family, and who I'm really meant to be with." 

Little did I know this sign was coming so soon....

♥Eloise

(with help from ~Lydia~ <3)

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I enjoyed reading it! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she does get her wish! Wet swings are very annoying... Very cute photo story!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."