Monday, March 16, 2015

New Home, New Country, New Life - Part 1

When I asked Eloise to write this post she wrote it in French, so I have done you the favor of translating it to English. XD
I jumped down from the car and looked around. It was a big house, and it look friendly. I couldn't wait to meet everyone inside! 

We walked in, and I was met by the sight of a whole bunch of girls, giggling and talking in a language I did not know. 

(Sorry for blurry picture)
A girl right in the middle of the room looked at me. "Bonjour!" I called out to her, waving. 

She just ignored me and tried to slip in between two girls who were apparently arguing over something.

"How about you go upstairs and get settled in?" the lady who brought me here suggested kindly, (in my language!) putting a hand on my shoulder. She told me to call her mom, but honestly - in my mind, she could never substitute for my real mother. 

I climbed the stairs and flopped on the small bed. I took out my doll, Clara. (In French it is pronounced Cla-rHa) and fingered the lace at the edge of her dress. It had been two years since my parents died. Two years since my life was turned upside down and I had been put in an orphanage and basically been ignored the whole time. It looked like here it wouldn't be any different.
"Oh maman, papas, I miss you so much. I love you more than anything in the world." I whispered. 

I laid down on the bed and cried myself to sleep. 
                                                                            ~~~
YES! I got Grace! I re-named her Eloise. She's absolutely beautiful. I earned her with my own money. I hope to put up her about page soon!


15 comments:

  1. Loved this photo-story! Grace is such a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...she is so pretty <3
    Great photo story :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love her hair, it's sooooo silky.

      Thanks!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Congrats! It seems like most people getting Grace are renaming her. :) I hope Eloise feels at home soon!

    -Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Yeah. I just thought Eloise was cute for her, plus the name is French. I didn't completely rename her though, because her FULL name is Eloise-Grace. ;)

      Eloise says Merci!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on getting Grace (I mean Eloise ;) )!!! I'm really excited for you!! I can't wait for the next part! :D
    ~Jaclynn~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Eloise is so pretty!
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on Eloise! Aw, poor girl. :'( I hope she begins to feel a bit happier!
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soo cute! Congrats on Eloise! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."