Saturday, March 21, 2015

5 Tips for Improving Your Doll Blog

Hi girls!

Today I thought I would share some tips on improving your doll blog - these are especially helpful for gaining followers fast if you are new to blogging. All of these tips are based upon my own experiences and what I've learned over the past couple years. :) Oh, and if you don't do some of these, that's fine! It doesn't mean you have a bad blog. And totally no pressure to do these - they are just tips. So let's get started!

1. Get a good camera.
If the pictures are dark and grainy, people might have a hard time seeing them.

This, (yes, this is my picture, and yes, I did think it was good and blog-worthy once, close your mouth)

vs. this. Which would you choose?
2. Make your dolls look presentable.
I used to not care how my dolls looked, even if their hair looked poofy and frizzy and like a rats' nest.

3. Comment on other doll blogs!
If you want to boost your audience and get a few new followers, comment on other blogs! Chances are, they'll go, "Oh, I've never seen her blog before. I'll check it out real quick." and if they like it they'll probably follow.

4. Be nice.
So, yeah. If you are mean to people for no reason and are all snappy in your posts, people won't want to read your posts. I saw something like that once. She had pretty pictures but she was very rude so I didn't follow.

5. Interact with readers and listen to them.
Interacting with readers is very important. Reply to comments, listen to their requests, and show the photos they send in. It will really help make your blog seem friendlier, plus you could make some new friends! :)

I hope you enjoyed the tips! Have a nice day everyone!


14 comments:

  1. Great Tips! I bet many new bloggers will use these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally using this ! Thanks for checking out my blog ! I told all who visit my blog about your amazing blog. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was happy to look at your blog. :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. These are some great tips! I'm actually I think, going to save up for a new camera! What kind do you use? How much did it cost? Congrats on the new doll!!!:)
    Thanks a ton!
    -Lainey

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great tips! I'm going to probably save up for a new camera! Have any suggestions on one? How much did your's cost?
    Thanks!
    -Lainey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I use my mom's camera, hers was $120 or so. I use a Cannon Powershot, which is great. It comes out with clear pictures and has good quality speakers for videos, and it's fairly easy to use. I have used almost all Cannon over the years, so I recommend that company. :)
      Madison has some GREAT tips on how to save up for anything. You can check out the page here:
      http://delightfulworldofdolls.com/how-to-earn-money-for-a-doll/
      I hope this helped! Good luck!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this! I just started a blog so this was very helpful. :) Please check my blog out! thesunshinedollies2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will check your blog out. Good luck with it!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. These are great, Lydia! And honestly, these tips came in handy for me too! My blog isn't technically doll-related (although I do post about AG stuff sometimes), but like I said they really helped me out. I know someone who is thinking of starting a blog soon, so I think I may have to e-mail her this post. ;-)
    *Sunny
    P.S. I saw you started following my blog last night. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Lydia!
    I have I think $128, so I may look into getting a Cannon then!:)
    Thanks again!
    -Lainey

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."