Monday, December 29, 2014

The Real Christmas Present - A Photostory

Hi everyone!

Before I get started, no, nothing happened to us in RL and I had a great Christmas. :) Enjoy!

                                                                         ~~~
It was Christmas Eve, and all the girls were talking about what they hoped to get for Christmas,
"I want a WiiU!"
"WiiU smiU! I want a big case of lipstick!"
"I just hope I get something huge!" 

The rest of the girls were so busy talking they didn't notice Nellie slip up the stairs. 

She climbed on top of her bed and put a doll under her pillow. She smiled. Molly certainly wouldn't expect a doll from Nellie. She had saved up three months' allowance for this doll. It would be Molly's first. 


~~~


When the girls woke up the next morning, they all quickly got into their Christmas outfits before heading downstairs (despite the protests of Samantha).
When they finally got downstairs, they all let out big, long gasps.
All the presents under their table, hidden so they wouldn't be too tempting until Christmas, were gone! 
"WHAT HAPPENED?" Felicity shrieked. 

Lanie closed her eyes. 

Samantha stared. 

"Have we been...robbed?" Molly asked in a small voice.

"Any food in here? Maybe we can still have Christmas dinner." Felicity said. 

"Nothing." she reported sadly.

"I can't believe it! On Christmas!" Caroline cried.  
Just then Nellie remembered something. "I'll be right back." she said, and ran upstairs, 

grabbed a doll, and ran back down. 

Nellie approached Molly. "Here." she said softly, and gave Molly her present.
"Oh, thank you!" Molly said gratefully, hugging the doll. "I guess that will be the only present we are going to get this year." she mumbled, a little mad. 

"Wait just a minute!" Kanani said. 

"We should be ashamed of ourselves! Christmas isn't all about gifts! Christmas is about spending time with family and friends and celebrating the birth of Jesus, God's one and only son. He gave his life for all of us. And look, we've turned selfish and greedy, not even thinking about it! Just thinking about presents we want that will never make us truly happy." 

A silence fell over the girls. 

"That's true." A voice said from the doorway. "It is true with many of us." 

All the girls turned their heads to see who the speaker was. 




"I never got presents where I came from. But we all still had a wonderful time, even without them." she smiled. "And I'm sure that you all can, too." 

Molly stood up and walked over to the girl. 

"You never had any presents on Christmas?"
The girl nodded.
"Well, this will be your first time then." Molly said, handing over her new doll. 

"Thank you so much!" the new girl exclaimed, tears filling her eyes. She put down the doll gently with love. 

And reached out to hug Molly warmly. Molly thought it was the best Christmas she ever had.
 ~~~


I GOT IVY! Eeek! She is so pretty! I've wanted her for awhile, and when she retired I was so sad I didn't get her. But my mom got her for me off Ebay for Christmas! YAY! Thanks so much mom! I renamed her Pearl.
 I will do a Christmas haul post soon, but not tomorrow. I might on Wednesday, but I can guarantee not tomorrow. :P
I will put up a photoshoot of Pearl tomorrow though. I had the opportunity to take pictures in some nice new surroundings so expect that up!
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

~Lydia~ <3

13 comments:

  1. Great Photo story! Ivy look's terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Ivy's so cute. I never really clicked with her, but I thought she was unique and really pretty. I loved the theme of this post, it's very true and a good reminder for us. Lovely post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I love her, I am so thankful for her.
      Thanks again!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Such a great photo-story. I love the message. Congrats on Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Thank you Hannah! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  4. Awesome photostory! Congrats on Pearl! She is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, what a sweet photo story! Congrats on Ivy!! :D

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lot of fun making it.
      Thanks Mint! :)

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  6. Yay! You got Ivy, yay!!:)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful that you got Ivy!...oops Pearl:)
    I love the message of that photo story-it really is the true meaning of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."