Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Price of Freedom - Part 3!

If you haven't read the first parts of The Price of Freedom, click the links HERE and HERE. 

It had been almost four days since I met Gloria. 


We sat down on a bench outside of the city of Spectonia before entering to discuss matters.

"I have about 5 dollars on me from last month's salary." I told Gloria, "And I have 3 dollars from the pocket of this robe I found."

"So we have 8 dollars altogether. Okay, why don't we get water from the creek, and some food from town? Apples, oranges, and a few peaches should be enough."

So we walked into town. 


We were standing at the edge of the city, right inside the gates, hoping not to be noticed, looking around for food carts, when a lady started walking up to us.

Gloria quickly whipped off her robe and put it on my head.

"What are you-"

"SHHHH!!" 

"Excuse me," the lady said when she got to us, "but I was wondering if you could give me directions to the stapel."

"Well, I would just follow the sound of the gongs-" Gloria started, but I stopped her. "Don't talk." I whispered to Gloria. I knew who this woman was. 

"Well thank you young RUNAWAY SERVANT GIRL!" screamed the lady, tearing off the bathrobe.  "The queen sent me looking for you. You were very easy to track, Piper."

"I guess so, madam." I told the head chef of the castle. 

"And you...you are that Gloria girl that ran away from your mother and father when they sent looking for you..."

Gloria closed her eyes and turned her head away. 

Suddenly, Madam pulled out a sword from under her cape. 

"And now cooperate," Madam hissed, 

"or it will be the end..."

Part 4 coming soon!

~Lydia~ <3 

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait for the next part! This is really good! :)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!! Not literally, of course.
    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, or you wouldn't be typing hat. xD

      Thanks!

      ~Lydia~ <3

      Delete
  3. Great job! I love this story more and more as each part comes. :)

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."