Friday, September 19, 2014

A Peek into the Past - Holiday Dresses and Meet Outfits

Hey everyone!

(PLEASE NOTE: If you are one to keel over from boredom before you finish a long paragraph, skip the one down there. Haha.)

I was thinking of new ideas for posts, and I thought another (not photostory) series would be nice. Well since I've researched AG so much and I know a lot of it's history and stuff like that, plus I've been collecting the catolouges for the past 6 years, I thought it would be fun to look at meet outfits and furniture sets from catolouges, other times stuff that I have that is archived or pretty old, But what should I call it? Throwback Thursday was nice but Doll Diaries  already had that name, plus I'm not sure how often I'll do it. Weekly, monthly, yearly, daily. So then I came up with the name, "A Peek into the Past"! I think it is perfect. :P

So we are going to start with meet outfits for the MAG/JLY dolls! :
(I AM SO SORRY for the quality of these pictures. I really need to replace the lamp's lightbulb. :P)
So the oldest meet outfit I have a catolouge of is the "Star Hoodie" outfit. It is probably my favorite meet outfit  that I have a catolouge of. I also included my girl-sized version of the Star Hoodie outfit  in the picture. I found it in a thrift store while I was shopping around. It is six sizes to big but I couldn't pass it up. :P
Second is the Real Me outfit. It is really cute and good quality. My sister has the doll version, so. 
This is the oldest one. It kind of looks hippie to me. :P (Sorry for the glare!)

The second one. It's pretty but not my favorite. :-/ (Sorry for the glare. AGAIN.) 


The third picture, when they started coming out with two holiday dresses. The purple one is by far my favorite. (Glare.)

ZOOM. Now we time travel back to when they had one! This is my favorite outfit out of them all. It's JUST SO CUTE!!!  (Go away glare!)

ZOOM. Back to last year. The red dress looks a little akward to me, but the white one is cute. :) (IT'S THE GLARE!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!)  
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OKAY! First I am so sorry for such a terrible post. I'm in a hurry and I need to change the lighting and stuff. So sorry, next post = better.
Thanks!

~Lydia~ <3
Do you like this new series thingy? 

3 comments:

  1. I love the series :) we threw away a lot of our old catalogs, so we have forgotten what each of the outfits looked like :)
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great series idea! I remember all those outfits! When I got my first doll, Elizabeth, she came in the star hoodie outfit. :)

    ~ Mint

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found that shirt at a thrift store too!

    ReplyDelete

"Kindness in words creates confidence."